Daily Archives: April 25, 2019

SEC, CFTC Issue Investment Warning on Crypto Scams

n nn nn Sensing a rise in crypto-related scams and fraudulent investment schemes, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission SEC and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission CFTC have issued a joint warning to investors, encouraging them to take a more thorough approach to verifying potential investments in the space.The warning was published on April 24, 2019, by the SECs Office ...

Read More »

Report: India Considers Complete Ban on Digital Currencies

Indian government departments have reportedly started consultations on a complete ban of cryptocurrencies Cointelegraph.com News

Read More »

Survey Shows Europeans Think Crypto Will Last a Decade, but Are Less Confident in BTC

According to a recent survey of 10,000 European residents, 63% believe that cryptocurrencies will still be around in 10 years. However, polled respondents were not so confident about bitcoin core (BTC) lasting over the next decade as only 49% of participants believe BTC will be around. Also read: Researchers Find Hundreds of Ethereum Wallets at Risk Due to Weak Key ...

Read More »

Samsung Blockchain? Tech Giant Developing Blockchain Network

South Korean tech giant Samsung is reportedly developing its own blockchain network. It’s expected the venture will lead to a Samsung token in the near future. Samsung Blockchain According to an internal source “familiar with Samsung’s internal situation,” the company’s wireless division is building a mainnet based on the Ethereum blockchain. Led by its blockchain task force, the new network is ...

Read More »

With BTC Emphasis, Genesis Capital Reports $425 Million Originations in Q1

n nn nn Cryptocurrency trading and lending firm Genesis Capital released a Digital Asset Lending Snapshot for Q1 2019, indicating that it originated $ 425 million for the period. According to its report, the firm has originated over $ 1.53 billion since its trading service was launched in March 2018.In addition, the companys total active loans increased to $ 181 ...

Read More »

Chinese Internet Court Employs AI and Blockchain to Render Judgement

The Beijing Internet Court employs technologies such as artificial intelligence and blockchain to make rulings Cointelegraph.com News

Read More »

Nike to Launch Crypto Called Cryptokicks? Trademark Application Hints Yes

The crypto community has known for a while that Facebook might be issuing its own cryptocurrency. And now, it appears the online behemoth might have a little competition. Reports have surfaced that athletic apparel manufacturer Nike is thinking of doing the same. The Oregon-based company even has a name for its digital currency: cryptokicks. Nike Cryptokicks Coming Soon? On April ...

Read More »

Tesla’s autonomy event: Impressive progress with an unrealistic timeline

Enlarge (credit: Getty / Aurich Lawson / Tesla) There’s an old joke in the software engineering world, sometimes attributed to Tom Cargill of Bell Labs: “the first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.” On Monday, ...

Read More »